It’s a purrfect day to answer your cat’s questions! 🐈
Meow… meow… meowww?
Everyday, your feline pal is meowing, making strange noises, doing strange things. They could be trying to talk to you, ask you questions, or tell you about their needs. But, you can’t understand them! How frustrating for both you and your cat!
That is why today is a purrfect day! Today is January 22nd and it is the most important day. It’s “Answer your cat’s questions day!” Get ready to decode and respond to what your cats have been trying to communicate to you all these time!
A little bit of a history lesson: Answer Your Cat’s Questions Day was established by Ruth Roy and Thomas Roy of wellcat.com. They created this unofficial holiday so that all cat parents can dedicate January 22nd to try and gain a deep understanding about their cats. What are their needs? What kind of behavioral issues need to get sorted out? And of course, to strengthen the bond between the cat pawrents and the light of their lives.🐾
Here are some questions that your cat might be asking, and needing you to understand!
• Why do you have to stare at the screen all the time? - Now I’ll have to lie on your keyboard! o Cats love attention, but not too much attention, of course. Sometimes they can feel a little jealous of your laptop when you keep staring at it all day. That’s why they are rolling against the warmth of your keyboard, so that they can have your eyes and focus on them instead of the screen!
• Can I have a different dish? - I’ve had a lot of these lately. o There could be many reasons behind your tabby losing appetite. Usually, it occurs when your cat eats the same meal for a while. Cats, just like humans, can get bored of the same food! If you buy a specific brand, try other recipes or flavors. You should always remember that your cat not eating could be a sign of illness. Take your feline baby to the vet if they lose appetite for more than a day.
• Can we maybe cuddle less? - Sometimes it’s just a little bit too much for me. o Every cat parent enjoys cuddling and snuggling with their feline companions. It’s a heartwarming gesture that strengthens your bond. However, staying in that position for too long can be uncomfortable for your cat. The important thing is to make sure that your cat is free to leave if they desire.
• Could you please clean my litter box more often? - I don’t want to ruin your bed or your couch… o This silent question may have given you a headache in the past. Cats instinctively know that they need to urinate in the litter. The fact that they used your bed or couch as a toilet could be due to foul odor from the litter box. Even if you clean up every day, regularly changing the litter, cleaning up the box, and cleaning around the toilet area will help with this problem.
• Who is this creature? And why are they in my house? - Good to make your acquaintance, but you should probably leave! o Cats think they own the place (they’re right!). Your place to be specific. They will get upset if some strange creatures, such as a puppy, a baby, or even another kitten suddenly shows up. It can take some time to introduce a new family member, so keep them away from each other at the beginning. Cats will usually come around later, they’ll eventually accept their new house mate. It may just take some time!
• Why don’t you let me go outside, even just for a little bit? - I want to see (rule) the world! o Cats will want to go out and take a closer look at everything. However, letting your cat outside by themselves may lead to several unpleasant situations. Unfortunately, they can get into a car accident, unable to find their way home, or attacked by other animals. It is safer to keep your cat indoors, but you can take them out and keep an eye on them from time to time. You may want to put on a leash and be up to date with the vaccinations.
We hope that you will enjoy this “purrfect” holiday with your cuddly sphinx. Take the time to understand each other, it will definitely improve your already so special bond!
วันตอบคำถามน้องแมวถูกกำหนดขึ้นโดยคุณ Ruth Roy และ Thomas Roy จากเว็บไซต์ www.wellcat.com ทั้งคู่สร้างวันสำคัญนี้ขึ้นมาเพื่อให้เหล่าคุณพ่อคุณแม่แมวได้ใช้เวลาหนึ่งวันในแต่ละปี ทำความเข้าใจและเรียนรู้เกี่ยวกับแมวอย่างลึกซึ้ง ทั้งในด้านของความต้องการ การแก้ไขพฤติกรรมบางอย่าง และเพื่อกระชับความสัมพันธ์ 🐾